• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships Aug 12-17

The problem with this is this makes perfect sense to us. Because we understand ratings and we understanding why Lloyd can play.

At the top of the sport we have got to stop thinking internally - which is what this post is, internal thought - and think externally.

People don't understand what a 750 rated player is or what that means or even why he is allowed to play. People understand that by watching him play and seeing his scores that the game isn't serious at the highest level.

That's the risk you take by not limiting a field at an event like this. It doesn't matter today. It probably won't matter next year in Utah. But at some point, it will.

Worlds will fill with "deserving" players long before anyone outside the game cares if "undeserving" players are allowed in.

watching cat putt is like watching will s putt

this is just painful

Soooo, a Prodigy thing?

I kid.

Bottom line on Cat's putting is that she's a 970 rated player. Plenty of male 970 rated players have struggles on the green that prevent them from being 1000 rated (I count myself among them). I think it's an inconsistency that is reflective of the overall skill level.

All of the leaders missed what should have been easy putts on the same hole. Sure, Cat's missed more than the rest, but it's not a fatal flaw in this field.

Udiscs just changed Paiges and Eveliinas score on one..but thats wrong?!

EDIT, and now it changed back

I never said 960. If I did, it was as an example.

I would suggest 935 as the minimum as someone under 935 can play Intermediate. At the minimum 900.

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for misstating your opinion.

Both those levels seem more reasonable.

Interesting enough there already is a cap for Ams at Pro Worlds of 970, which is not a big deal to me.

Odd to hear Hannah and Terry complain about Hennas putting. . sure she has missed 3 C1 putts. . but Eveliina and Paige has missed two and Cat 6!!

For those that aren't watching the FPO coverage, it sounds like Smashboxx is going to try to cover the back half of the MPO round today at Northwood.

And Cat lazily gives away a throw on the last hole by missing a 10 footer because she was putting with her backpack on. Then her tap in from 6 feet nearly bounced out. Yikes.

Honestly. These women kick my ass in every aspect of the game, but still. How hard is it to master putting if youre a full time pro? I get distance is affected by male vs. female anatomy but in putting there ought not to be any inherent disadvantage, no?

From my observation, it doesn't seem like it's a practice thing with Cat's putting, but a mental thing.

Also, let's go for live coverage from Northwood, especially of the gauntlet that is 12-16

More Cat stats, through 4 rounds:

She is #1 in parked, greens in circle 1, greens in circle 2, and fairways hit. She is 43rd in circle 1X putting...47% (46% today). Crazy.

Yesterday after we finished MPO we went and tested the back nine again and were able to get what we feel is a decent signal. So, we are going to try and cover from hole 12 or 13 on for MPO. It could suck. It could be fine. Honestly, based on the testing it should be fine... but once you throw a bunch of people on the course cell towers can easily get overloaded. So, we will do our best. We might decide after 3 holes to pull the plug? Either way, no reason not to give it some effort.

It will be hosted on our SmashBoxxTV YouTube page.

Lets give it a try.

Yesterday after we finished MPO we went and tested the back nine again and were able to get what we feel is a decent signal. So, we are going to try and cover from hole 12 or 13 on for MPO. It could suck. It could be fine. Honestly, based on the testing it should be fine... but once you throw a bunch of people on the course cell towers can easily get overloaded. So, we will do our best. We might decide after 3 holes to pull the plug? Either way, no reason not to give it some effort.

It will be hosted on our SmashBoxxTV YouTube page.

Lets give it a try.

Great idea! ;)

Today at Northwood Gold is definitely the gauntlet that McBeth has to run. If he can maintain a similar lead over the field going into the final round, it's tough to imagine anyone catching him on Eureka. Northwood, though, has the potential to really punish, especially that thick rough that we saw a few players run afoul of in the Round 2 coverage. And I always shudder when I see a bunch of randomly scattered little tree trunks crowding in a very tight "fair"way; that's a recipe for randomizing results.

So considering all that, it'll be interesting to see if McBeth keeps the same game plan as he did on Round 2. He doesn't necessarily "need" to be as aggressive as he previously was, especially depending on how the rest of the field fares. But then again, with 36 holes left to play, not sure if it's too early to start easing off the gas and pacing the field.

Going to be fun to see how it all shakes out!
I don't think there's any chance he changes his approach today. I could be wrong. But - he was so confident he'd shoot a 12, he pulled an 11... if he has the place as dialed as his own confidence would indicate (not always the best indicator, but with a dominant 4x World Champ...) then he's just going to shoot that game, and no one is going to be able to make up enough ground.

Latest posts