• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship - Oct 14-17

He actually got a time violation on hole 4. It was called by either Uli or Clemons or by an official following the card. Big Jerm seemed surprised that they actually called it.

Was it caught on coverage or talked about. I just watched hole 4 from them and I didnt see anything.

I'd rather have players take their time on my card, then get caught behind a group and then have to wait for a period of time.

interesting concept to have the rules be different for players experiencing backups vs not

Was it caught on coverage or talked about. I just watched hole 4 from them and I didnt see anything.

Don't believe it was shown but they talked about it extensively. Nate Perkins, the ground reporter, eventually said it was called by an official.

interesting concept to have the rules be different for players experiencing backups vs not

Considering the group in front of them started 30 minutes earlier, it seems the rules were selectively enforced against a 16 year old kid, instead of the group in front of him that must have been playing ridiculously slow. And yes, Gannon was taking a painstaking amount of time and did deserve the time violation but there's no way he was the only competitor that violated that rule if they caught up to a group a half an hour ahead of them.

Considering the group in front of them started 30 minutes earlier, it seems the rules were selectively enforced against a 16 year old kid, instead of the group in front of him that must have been playing ridiculously slow. And yes, Gannon was taking a painstaking amount of time and did deserve the time violation but there's no way he was the only competitor that violated that rule if they caught up to a group a half an hour ahead of them.

not sure there's "no way" that happened... maybe gannon's 3 other card mates played very quickly and all 4 on the card in front of them played deliberately and within the rules. not saying that's what happened but seems plausible enough to me.

but it seems like I misinterpreted what you originally said. instead of don't call it on anyone, it's more that if it's going to be called on one player it should be called on everyone. I completely agree with you on that.

Just wondering how DNF works with this... Could Eagle just have showed up, throw one shot and "oh man, my shoulder, im out" and collect the 3000$ or whatever his seed guaranteed?

Other than the 3 top European women who were frozen out by Covid for the most part what female players are there who are good enough to thrive on tour and haven't done it? Sarah Gilpin maybe... I feel like it is strange that there are as many FPO players touring as there are.

Kelsey Brakel is probably the best non touring female player in the world.

Kelsey Brakel is probably the best non touring female player in the world.
Probably, but I'm pretty sure she's got a career as a veterinarian going in Columbus OH. She's from the metro Detroit area, originally.

Last edited:
Would have been fun to se JK make it, her play of the Tee and the Fairway is at the top of the FPO field. . . but the putting, thats just bad.
6 missed C1x putts but she still only 1 throw of to making it to the Semis.

Heather only beat JK by two shots total. . .but in C1x Heather missed one..JK six

Looking at the seeding for the FPO semifinals. Since this is a bracket style tournament with limited entries, I kind of think they should mix the cards. 1/3/5/7 and 2/4/6/8.

So with Eagle out, will 5 players advance from the quarter finals to the semis (instead of 4)?

Seems like the fair way to do it.
Eagle's absence just opens up a slot for another competitor to play their way into the first round he would have been in.

Last edited:
So with Eagle out, will 5 players advance from the quarter finals to the semis (instead of 4)?

Seems like the fair way to do it.
Eagle's absence just opens up a slot for another competitor to play their way into the first round he would have been in.
2 players could not make it, so the #33 and 34 seeds got in instead. They just reset the seeds.