• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can someone answer this for me? lol

yankees23

Birdie Member
Player G's putt lands on top of the basket and is hanging precariously. The next player in his group putts and unintentionally knocks his disc it into the basket. Has Player G now holed out and how should he proceed?

A) No. It needs to be replaced as close as possible to its original location, as determined by a majority of the group or an official.
B) No, but where ever the disc comes to rest is now Player G's new lie.
C) No. However, it would have counted if the player who putted after Player G had called it first.
D) Yes. The putt counts because it was unintentional.
E) Yes. As long as a disc is not touched by the player or another player it is good.

The disc came to rest on top of the basket. Any time a disc is inadvertently moved after coming to rest, it is returned to it's original position. In this case, it would be marked under the basket.

This is not to be obnoxious or anything, it's just kind of a pet peeve of mine, b ut why don't people just read the rules?

Had it happen last summer in Boise. Disc balanced precariously on top. As I walked toward it, the wind rose just enough to tip it over and into the basket, about 10-12 seconds after the putt. Counted.

This was a question on my officials exam and I searched for the answer for a good 15 minutes and couldn't find it.

Had it happen last summer in Boise. Disc balanced precariously on top. As I walked toward it, the wind rose just enough to tip it over and into the basket, about 10-12 seconds after the putt. Counted.

Shouldn't have counted...

B. A disc is considered to be at rest once it is no longer moving as a result of the momentum imparted by the throw. A disc in water or foliage is considered to be at rest once it is moving only as a result of movement of the water, the foliage, or the wind.

A disc in water or foliage is considered to be at rest once it is moving only as a result of movement of the foliage.

When does the foliage move the disc? Imagine a plinko through a tree, the foliage is causing the disc to move many times as it trickles to the ground.

Maybe I'll pull out this rule when my drive hits a branch and sails off into the rough. "The foliage caused my disc to move over there, so I'll take my lie where it "came [in contact with the foliage] to rest".

When a disc is wedged between branches? The shaking of the branches could make the disc fall out eventually and roll. Your example would still be momentum imparted by the throw.

When does the foliage move the disc? Imagine a plinko through a tree, the foliage is causing the disc to move many times as it trickles to the ground.
No, gravity is causing it to move. If it stops in the tree THEN the wind blows the branches and knocks it down, it should be marked on the ground below where it was originally hung up.

Maybe I'll pull out this rule when my drive hits a branch and sails off into the rough. "The foliage caused my disc to move over there, so I'll take my lie where it "came [in contact with the foliage] to rest".
In this example, the disc is still moving as a result of the momentum imparted by the throw.

Are falling nuts or fruits from a tree (acorns, walnuts, hedge apples) considered foliage?

Not that I've ever seen any such thing knock a disc out a tree, but I suppose that it could happen.

He is taking the officials test. This is word for word from the officials test.
Even more reason to read the rule book, wouldn't you say? But my original comment was more of a general question. And a serious question also. I donøt understand why so many play this sport without even the most basic knowledge of the rules.

Latest posts