• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discraft storm

MotoDj

Double Eagle Member
is this disc a worthy fairway driver?
seems longer than my buzzz, stableness is in between wasp/buzzz

i haven't heard any hype, i know its discontinued, no discraft pros throw it according to their website (from what i seen under their profiles)

almost feels like a short teebird, but i'm hoping to hear both sides of hate/love for this disc

one turn on is the grip, very similar to the buzzz family
i've only thrown one 3 times, so my opinion is probably not up to par

I think its a great disc, a lot of people do. Made no sense to discontinue it. If the oop doesn't bother you then go for it.

I love the Storm's feel, size, rim, glide - everything. But I also thought X Storm lost its shape too easily.

I hope it will be re-launched in Esp, just like Cyclone was. Or in Z.

The Storm isn't really what I'd call a fairway driver. It's a tweener-midrange.

It throws pretty far though, and SUPER laserbeam straight.

It'll hold whatever line you put it on, all the way to the ground. Hyzer, straight, anhyzer, you name it.

Straightest flight I've ever seen. Distance is somwhere between a midrange and a fairway driver (similar to the Impact). But I refuse to get attached to it because of the OOP factor.

There is a store around here that has 3-4 opaque Z storms I stare at every time I go in because they are great discs but are really hard to get in that good plastic.

At the time they were common I felt that a Z Storm and a Champion Cobra were interchangeable.

yeah, its a z storm

i'm still in limbo over a fairway dr, i'm not sure if its long enough for that spot, i'm thinking its ok for shots just outside the buzzz range... but for what... another 20 30 feet?

just a guess there, are they "long" enough to qualify?
i'd almost say its an option to replace the buzzz, feels like overlap

fairway drivers have always been a "tryout spot" for me, i never found one that stuck,
is powering down on speed 9 discs a no-no?
stalker and tracker? i read alot about em, but dont even know if theres a difference, everywhere they get the same description, especially on team discrafts website

Man...I miss the Z Storm. Definitely one of my favorite discs of all time. SUPER tough to find...true loyalists have been doing some heavy duty stockpiling.

Storms are among the best tweener mid-fairway discs I know of. Good glide and super workable. Tell it to do what you want and it will. It excels the most though at the straight shots as mentioned.

Just posted a new thread about the Storm but took it back when I remembered this one.

My point was...
Bring back the Storm! It's a great disc! Anyone else who want it back?

Yes, bring it back! I got an X Storm as an accidental extra in a DGC order, and I've never seen a disc fly so straight. But I don't want to start relying on it if I won't be able to replace it.

I still love the Storm!!!

They should just call it something else and re-release it........and the MRV