• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing Plastic

I rarely ever loose mine in water or weeds, but I have lost quite a few because I had a shot go deep in the bushes, and when I dig myself into the bush to make my next shot, I throw and try to run out of the bush to see where it goes, and I will forget to go back into the bush to get the original.

Does this ever happen to anyone else, or is it just me??????

just you murray. thats why i put my first toss into my bag before i throw

I play some rough courses and only lose about 6 discs a year. 30 discs in 6 months might mean you are not looking hard enough, sometimes you have to get down into your underwear, ignore the "Caution alligators" sign and jump in to retrieve your $12 piece of plastic.
I lost 2 discs at Dahlgren Naval Station. I went into the water after one, but the other one was a shark I bought for $3 that went into the middle of a marsh where I saw at least 3 water moccasins swimming around, I surrendered that one to the DG gods.

I've only been playing seriously for about 6 months and I think I'm down AT LEAST 30 discs. I remember when I started to play and thinking that this was a nice cheap sport. You know, little or no greens fees, no giant $400 driver to buy, no country club friendly lame cloths to purchase. But 30 discs, most of which were premium plastic, is easily over $400. Not to mention the sentimental attachment you bond with your favorite discs.

That's way too many. Where do you lose them? Weeds, trees, water?

To the original poster, I am glad you are not discouraged and let that stop you from playing the game. That is a lot of $ worth in discs, you sound sad, but we have all lost a few discs in our days. I probably have lost 15 discs max in the three + years I have been playing.

losing plastic

Throw Pink Plastic put a female name on it...maybe with big swirly penmanship! If you can't find it chances are some hard up DGer will give you a call with your disc.

I agree with making good decisions and following your disc thru it's entire flight. But the above may be the key to getting all your discs back. :doh:

I nearly lost 5 just last night during a crap round at Giles Run (VA). The place has oceans of brambles and I managed to hit them a lot yesterday. I wasted a solid hour slashing my way through but thankfully I found them all. Had I not that would have cost me dearly as they were all Champ/Pro plastic. Normally I don't lose any but the more I play Giles...The place is unforgiving.

The toughest one to find was a Champ Monarch which was dark lavender in color. I rolled it straight into an 8 foot high (and just as deep) briar patch. All my other discs are bright - always a good choice.

Last edited:
I sold my favorite champ Leopard of all time because it was dyed the color of leaves and grass. I had trouble locating the thing in the fairway. It's a lost disc for someone else.

I can't throw very far... but I can always throw it over 200 feet. I play a control game, so I rarely go in the rough any more. I also have lower scores than when I "went for it" all the time... and I haven't lost a disc since a west Texas wind gust blew one in the Brazos River in Lubbock last April... and I don't blame myself for that one.

Anyway... as the Taylor golf commercials go... "Find your game". Once things are under control, you will keep your plastic.

I've lost two since I started this summer. Both at Buckhorn. One was a griplock, straight shot into the water (height of the vegetation season...no way to get...well, I wasn't gonna go in there for it. Someone else surely has by now. Second was just a poor decision and shot selection over the scum pond. 30 does seem to be pretty high though...narrow down to what holes it happens on. And play more controlled, or buy used plastic...

I only started playing this may and i've lost 6 ( I think). Some of the holes at plamman park have some really nasty schule.

I've definitely thrown into some nasty stuff, but I've spent, at most, an hour looking for it I think...

Getting my cheetah back (first driver ever), my bro saw it on the "list" and grabbed it for me Sat.
dancing-emoticons-grey.gif

Haha, just yesterday I almost "lost" the same disc twice. It went far off across a creek into some wicked thornbushes, but I waded through and got it, as I only have three discs at the moment and im damn sure not losing one yet...

Lost Discs

Me and my two kids play and while we have played for about 3 years this is the first year we got sirius about playing. We have lost a total of about 9 discs found 5 returnd 3 that had names 1 didn't and the other one the guy told my son to keep it. Most of our disc are lost to IHCC on hole 12 and 13 this pond swoled 36 disc during a collage meet this weekend and security will not let you go in after them. The collage retrives the discs and re sells them. The coaches for the team are trying to work on having them return the ones with names on them. Going in after them will cost you or tag for the year. since this is a pay to play course. On a lighter side the best story of a lost disc i have is losing my favorite Katana and after 30 min search gave up came back the next day made the same bad throw but with my son spoting and the new disk was about 3 feet from the other one Thanks to the DG gods on that one.

I lost 2 the other day, it was afternoon and the sun made it nearly impossible to see anything in the woods. Went back to look again today and found them. Funny thing about ones I've had trouble finding, they seem to have gone further than I thought they would have. The one I had a bad release and it went straight into the woods. That thing went over 100ft. into dense forest, amazing.

Just lost my second disc ever a few hours ago. Sure, it was just a DX Leopard, but it was the first disc I ever bought and it was beat in just right. What sucks is that it only went 50 feet or so when it hit a tree, but it landed straight down into a thicket of thorny plants. I'm all cut up from looking for it.

Latest posts