• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] MS Aurora Love?

Almost two years ago I posted in this thread about my stable straight ce qms and turnover ams and I'm happy to report those two discs still cover the same lines. Last winter I tested the Legacy gauge and before that the Westside tursas as possible replacements but come warmer weather and tourney time the MS and QMS can't be beat, IMO.

I'm interested to get a report on the sparkle qms, not that I expect it fitting in between my seasoned qms and seasoned z buzzz. Its hard to beat the QMS's hyzer flip to straight from start to 300' finish or thrown flat AMS tight turn without the thought of fade or squirrelly cut roll. Sure a beat roc will hit those lines but I like the beadless transition from my buzzzes to beadless ms and the obvious benefit of a more durable plastic means less cycling required.

I like that its a Buzzz shape yet Comet flight and speed more or less, and a little smaller diameter. Everytime I bag the Buzzz I feel like I always have to throw it harder because it felt faster. This way I can throw it like a mid and get beautiful flights out of it.

I couldn't track down a sparkle QMS, so went with a normal new run, gonna keep looking though but I remember seeing an ITB video with an Innova pro (one of the Euro guys) who throws them and want to say he used one.

EDIT: Found it:

Last edited:
Here is what I found. Tried to keep the fanboys out of it and went with the most trusted posts from trusted users.

I'm prolly a legacy fanboy:eek: but when the money is on the line I'm bagging the QMS/MS over the gauge. Maybe a few more winters will get the gauge to the seasoned point of my favorite hyzer flip Millenniums but even if I lose a few I'll still have more backup MSs that I can bag.

For the record I've got a couple legend gauges, a couple pinnacle gauges, and three icon gauges so I think I've a got a fair understanding of what they're going for. I'll agree with DanJon's "QMS/Coyote's baby" discription since the gauge is a fast as a buzzz like the coyote but has the HSS of the QMS. MS are a little shorter but I'm thinking distance control and stable to understable accuracy over go far when throwing my buzzz complement where a pinnacle gauge and my seasoned z buzzz overlap greatly.

Thanks for all the info. Maybe I'll pick up a QMS & MS for some testing. Its going to have to really impress me to knock the gauge out of the bag though.

New run Q. I refer to it as the JQMS3.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433593536650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433593536650.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1433593547798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433593547798.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 54
Definitely Jolly Q! While not confirmed or anything, someone on one of the Millennium groups said something that it almost looks like they used the Shark3 top on this and the 1.8 run (which is THE newest).

The M Aurora MS that I got is pretty much identical to this, just in nice buttery Millennium plastic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433595607913.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433595607913.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I decided to try one of these out this week. Looks like the new runs (both M and Q) are a lot flatter than the old ones. I picked up an M that has a little less dome than my XT shark, and it is pretty flat for a shark.

If I like it enough I'll have to try out a Q as well. Good to know which run is current and JL.

I just compared my AMS to my shark and shark3's. It really does appear that they are using the shark3 top on these. The nose is slightly blunter and the shoulder flattens off more. I'll try to get some pics tonight.

See for yourself, looks like a shark3 top for sure, to me at least.

picture.php

XT Shark left, Millennium MS (newest run, with new stamp) right. May not look like it in pic but PLH is matched evenly.

picture.php

AMS left, Sparkle Shark3 right.

I never had a Super Stingray but I do have some King Cobras which I think use the same top. Compared to a King Cobra the AMS(3) has more beef in the nose and is slightly taller than the King Cobra top. Closest production disc to it is probably Super Stingray, but I bet the AMS is a touch more stable.

Threw the AMS for a little bit in a field that had no measurements. It hardly fades at all on a flat throw and was straight no turn into a light headwind. I usually get my mids to 275' with an occasional hit at 300'. It was shorter than the other mids I threw by a few feet (probably because it is 180g and fresh).

The closest comparison I had was a fresh X Buzzz 176g. The X Buzzz was turning just a little in the wind but faded a lot more. My guess is these fly a lot like a fresh X Comet. I threw my X Comet alongside it but there is no comparison because it is pretty well worn and will turn some even with a little hyzer.

That's my assessment of the Millennium plastic ones. An X Comet that performs a bit better in the wind.

The new QMS (non sparkle) run is SOOOO good, nice and flat. It is perfectly straight with a late fade. What I was hoping for for a while in these!

I wanna say that the new MS is the old Super Stingray... They bear a lot of resemblances

I tested a couple Super Stingrays in hopes that their star plastic would season slower and beat into a spot that would cover my AMS lines for a longer time. The fresh SS was a lot more stable and the seasoned SS I had would turn easier with more laterial movement and still finish with fade where I've found a seasoned MS loses LSS first but holds a slower more reliable turnover like a beat dx roc.

Definitely Jolly Q! While not confirmed or anything, someone on one of the Millennium groups said something that it almost looks like they used the Shark3 top on this and the 1.8 run (which is THE newest).

The M Aurora MS that I got is pretty much identical to this, just in nice buttery Millennium plastic.
That was me that pointed it out on the millennium group. The nose has a new top and it matches the shark3 top. It does not compare to the super stingrays though as they have a micro bead and the qms is still the old stingray mold.

Latest posts