• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I think this allows for 1. Axiom complementary model and 2. seasoning of the Telsa into a lazer beam bomber like what the volts become. These fresh tester discs will lose that initial stability, you know what im talking about.

Yea i do know what your talking about, and i think the Tesla should break into a very reliable straight flyer. I'm excited to see if Axiom takes the Inertia core and makes it more over-stable.

I hope the Motion is similar to the flight of a Resistor if not more over-stable.

Last edited:
Yeah slower discs would need higher lines to go further essentially so you guys are on point but with enough spin/snap/whateverrrr they will fly far and low. Remember I like to throw my Ions on holes that are 250-300' before any other disc in my bag if the hole allows it.

I throw with lots of snap and am not some big arm, hell by looks I am a "noodle" arm more so than probably a lot of the guys who actually cant throw that far but are bigger lol. I don't bag or even really throw very OS discs all that much. Resistor and flick are in there but not as go-to drivers by any means...at one time in my playing life discs like these all were "go-to"s :|

I throw further now though and my line shaping ability has grown tons as well as increased control with those different shots.

Totally agree. I've just recently had an "aha" about my pull through, and now I'm finding some inconsistency on the spin I'm imparting, it's going to take some new-learned discipline with my wrist cock (heh.) The Tangent is a different animal when thrown with less speed and more spin, relatively speaking. I feel like as I get a handle on that, the Tanget will more and more be my friend.

....maybe they will adjust the PLH in future?

No, no. 1,000,000 X No.

This disc is perfect just the way it is.

And the Impulse will be perfect too, as a SUPER easy to throw, glidey turnover disc. They are doing this right the first time. Let's not suggest they mess with it.

With about 300 ft of power and flat release, which one turns more: Switch or Inertia?
I can't speak for the Switch but that's about my range and my brand new full weight Inertia was perfectly straight for 95% of it's flight with a 10-20' fade at the end. This will change as it beats in but so far it's a nice dependable line.

Last edited:
The "understablilty" of the tangent/switch/inertia all compare very well to me. They are like cousins.

Booyaa! This is exactly how I feel. Obviously different discs have different flight patterns for different arms but for me (300 foot drives) these discs are all pretty dang neutral. All of them give me a decent amount of turn followed by a roughly equal amount of fade when thrown flat. I've found that the turn and fade average out to close to the center line on these discs when thrown with the power required to send an Inertia 300ft. So for me these are the sweet spot of the MVP lineup. I'm curious (many/most may have to power down to answer this) if you throw an Inertia about 300 feet straight at a target does the disc generally land online at the target, right of the target, or left of the target?

Yeah I only hit aces from 300 and in so its hard to comment.

Seriously though im not sure its possible to answer that'

With no wind or a tailwind I would think mine would land center- left most of the time. and I wont even throw it into a headwind anymore.

P.S. a 12 speed driver with the same flight characteristics as the inertia, would be an amazing bomber of a disc.

With no wind or a tailwind I would think mine would land center- left most of the time. and I wont even throw it into a headwind anymore.

P.S. a 12 speed driver with the same flight characteristics as the inertia, would be an amazing bomber of a disc.

I know you're probably talking MVP but the Bolt flies A LOT like a longer Inertia.

Pretentious? haha! sorry if i made you feel like a noodle arm, wasn't attempting to impress anyone on the internet :p

Bottom line is the Inertia is too under-stable and should be adjusted so its not a burner for bigger arms and better fits the initial descriptions before release.

If you watch Mike C throw it, sometimes it goes to the ground before it even has a chance to begin fading back and thats on high lines.. that's a burner.

So you must have missed the videos where he threw them 500 plus and said they wer aa monster his longest throws ever.

Perhaps you also need to consider that maybe not every MVP mold will be for you. I have not been able to get an Inertia yet, but it sounds like it's going to be excellent for the average golfer who has clean form.

it sounds like it's going to be excellent for the average golfer who has clean form.

It is.

It's not only great for the average golfer, but all of us. Bigger arms can get easy, huge turnovers out of it. New players can use it for a straight/overstable driver with good fade. And those of us who are average will see laser straight drives with little lateral movement.

Are the Tesla and Inertia at all useful if you have a Volt, Shock, and Amp in your bag?

At high speeds the Tangent is much more stable than the Inertia and the Switch.

GUYS IT'S BEEN AWHILE

I just started checking out the forums again after this long winter of not being able to get out and play but I did pick up a Inertia and I am loving it. Feels like a longer Valkyrie to me, which is already my favorite driver so this has just been icing on the cake for MVP's first distance driver release.

At high speeds the Tangent is much more stable than the Inertia and the Switch.

much more seems like a stretch but yes the tangent's bead seems to give it some unique HSS for its overall stability. My first throws with the switch were much straighter than I expected it to be though and it will take some seasoning to get truly understable at higher speeds like my FR shocks always were.