• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst disc name ever?

Worst disc name ever?

• Crave

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Virus

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Griffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Foxbat

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Wombat

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Kaxe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Sinus

Votes: 64 16.1%
  • Vein

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 108 27.1%
  • The Tool

Votes: 26 6.5%
  • Pluto Platter

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Gou

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Hu

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Other- List in thread

Votes: 45 11.3%

• Total voters
I voted for the Sinus. No matter how you say it's supposed to be pronounced it always makes think of mucus, headaches and infections.

As mentioned earlier, I agree that the series of Discraft names related to domestic violence are unfortunate: Stalker, Predator, Force, Crush.

Then there's the DGA names that are ways you can die in the water: Squall, Hurricane, Undertow, Torrent, Tsunami, Aftershock, Shockwave, Reef, Breaker, Titanic. I'm waiting for the Drown to come out next.

On the money, Rizbee. There's no getting around it even if you make the I sound like a long e.

I thought Gou and Hu would get a few more votes, when I see them I think of Goo and Who. If you're going to market and sell a product in the U.S. and around the world, better use English.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to throw Who or Goo here."

I like the name of the discs. Because Yikun is China's biggest disc maker, they are more likely marketing to people in China, Not the States or other English speaking countries.

I like the name of the discs. Because Yikun is China's biggest disc maker, they are more likely marketing to people in China, Not the States or other English speaking countries.

Yep, probably. I'm sure disc golf is huge in China.

For my money Brodigy has the worst names. Boring AND poorly thought through.

I rather like Virus as a name. I think this list isn't fair, it's rather narrow. There are plenty of awful disc names out there...

Obex - makes their discs sound like alphabet soup. Abex Ebex Ibex Obex...
Money - you would think this would be a good name for a putter but you would be wrong
Clozer - what'z up with the z?
Putt'r - again...
Diamond - I just think this is an awful disc name.

So anyway... I think this poll should be larger. I kind of like Wombat, actually. Wombat Vengeance, anybody?

Last edited:
Prodigy has the fun of reassigning/shuffling names around every time they make a mold that fits between two existing molds... Amusing to me.

Nah. There's a common precedence here. If you make something between the D2 and D3, you come out with the D6; the new disc becomes the D3, the D3 becomes D4, D4=D5, D5 is re-released as a new disc, D6.

When the Discraft "Nuke" came out shortly after Innova's release of the "Katana", I thought the timing was pretty bad, but nobody I mentioned it to seemed to care. I guess it helps that the Nuke is a popular disc. I do agree that the worst name Discraft has come up with is "Stalker". Maybe they were imagining a lion or a tiger stalking its prey, but that's not what most people think of when they read "Stalker". However, I don't think "Stalker" is as bad as "Felon" or "Virus". There is nothing good about felony or viruses. Did somebody really name a disc "Train Wreck" ??!

Nah. There's a common precedence here. If you make something between the D2 and D3, you come out with the D6; the new disc becomes the D3, the D3 becomes D4, D4=D5, D5 is re-released as a new disc, D6.

Why not just name the new disc "D2.5"?

Tern for some reason pisses me off...I didn't try one for like a year because of the name. Now I have 3 in the bag.

Another vote for the company using cannabis strains as disc names. Horrible business tactic and a real lack of respect for the sport he's trying to suck a living out of. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if we weren't fighting to rid ourselves of that image, but given the situation our sport is in it's largely shortsighted.

Another vote for the company using cannabis strains as disc names. Horrible business tactic and a real lack of respect for the sport he's trying to suck a living out of. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if we weren't fighting to rid ourselves of that image, but given the situation our sport is in it's largely shortsighted.

Fiend was your vote?

Apple is weird to me, Virus is ironic since you shouldn't catch it!

There have been quite a few that are not great names but I think the 420 is the worst one. I like Vibram discs but if they want disc golf to get to be a mainstream sport, they have to not promote something the majority of people in the world don't want to associate with the sport.

Latest posts