• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

Been toying with a 155g Inertia that Aim sent me (Thanks bro!) and was rather impressed.
I'm thinking that a heavier one (read 166g) might be worth a try.

yeah-- I like my 170-173s more(and why you got that one lol). It was a fun disc to throw but just touchier at high power and felt weird when I don't use any discs that light generally. It surprisingly wasn't more understable but significantly impacted by wind and a touch more glide.

I doubt it. People tend to forget that only the volts were more over stable in proton. Now the neutron volts have been tweaked to fly just like the protons. Nothing about it being see through should make it fly more os...

So... Proton.

Will we see a slightly more OS version of the N Inertia?

Maybe a touch faster which could translate to a little more HSS...? It never seems like there is a huge difference in stability in any of the models though given their plastics and had N's which were every bit as stable as P's.

I doubt it. People tend to forget that only the volts were more over stable in proton. Now the neutron volts have been tweaked to fly just like the protons. Nothing about it being see through should make it fly more os...

Right. If anything protons can get a puddle top sooner depending on the model lol.

You all know how I gush about the Inertia, and I'll go ahead and give it more praise right now. I threw it FH only today, and it amazed me in it's versatility. It was hard to get used to, but I had several throws that were clean as a whistle and this disc performed beautifully.

Anyone thinking you need a Motion or Resistor type disc to play FH is mistaken. The Inertia was straight buttah when it had to be. Obviously an overstable disc is great when needed (either BH, or FH) but it's not always necessary. On one of the holes I threw my longest throw that I can remember. It was from a standstill, and I found my form for that instant and it went laser straight...so clean and pure. I estimate it was about a 300' throw. There's something about the grip that fits my hand perfectly both BH and FH.

This disc does it all. I never thought I'd replace the Amp, but the Inertia has pretty much kicked it out for good.

I have a max weight inertia and I was happy with how true it was to the flight ratings. Thrown woth a small amount of hyzer it's lazer stright, but can also get some nice D when needed. This is a great disc and I would be lost wothout it.

I threw it FH only today, and it amazed me in it's versatility.

Anyone thinking you need a Motion or Resistor type disc to play FH is mistaken.

I never thought I'd replace the Amp, but the Inertia has pretty much kicked it out for good.

Truth about the FH. Mine's still a work in progress, but working on technique vs. overpowering a FH, eventually you realize there's really no disc that can't be flicked.

I'm still living through a battle between my 174 and my trusty Amp. It's like I can't decide if they're different enough for two slots, or as backup...I don't quite have the boom for them to separate from each other in terms of raw D. In the field, my Amp is sometimes the longest driver in my bag.

Bigsky, I agree, the Inertia is the first understable disc I can comfortably FH. I don't usually use it on that line, but when I was playing with just it and my Envy the other day, I used it on some FH throws that needed more D than I can get my Envy out to on FH.
BH is still where it shines though. I usually throw my drivers around 300-320' and yesterday I noticed I landed about 40' out from a 384' hole. Since I can get my mids up to 270, the Inertia is becoming the only driver I really throw.

What's funny is, neither did we, iirc with some of the initial impressions.

I remember a good bit of negative. Heck, the first one I got was due to the fact that the first owner could not keep it in the air. He and I throw much differently.

I'm with the rest of you on kind of backtracking on it. In crazier spring winds I didn't learn to trust the Inertia on big hyzer flip to s turns but now that I've used it in more stiller conditions I have actually put it back in the bag and am enjoying it quite a bit. It's my go to disc for throwing into the sky on a hyzer. The only other disc I usually throw up high like this would be the Impulse, axis or maybe inspire.

I hope I do it justice today with my camera. I've had much better shots with them since the initial test video. Might head out to Winthrop with some if UPS would hurry up.

I've always liked the Inertia but recently it's becoming my goto for a shot that I think is one of the hardest in disc golf. A longish arc that slowly fades right all the way to the ground. Most disc do a giant anny turning the whole way or just turnover.

My Inertia will now do that real slow arc out to the right. Very money. It's also surprised me with how far it's going. It's not as far as my Katana but it's right up there with my Wraiths and Terns.

When you think about it, maybe ANY US disc that's new to you takes a longer adjustment period before you really know what it's capable of. You have to adjust to the right wing-nose angles/power levels etc to see how it flies the different US disc lines (most of which are among the more finesse-y shots.)

An OS beast, you don't really need that kind of time with it. One or two throws, you pretty much know what you've got on your hands.

For me it was love at first throw. All of you are just late to the party. :p

For me it was love at first throw. All of you are just late to the party. :p

I'll second that. I ordered mine on day 1 and was loving it from the first day. I kept reading all the comments about "too understable" or "flippy" and thought to myself "maybe this one is just good for the small arm crowd". Glad to see one of my favorites discs getting a little more love:)

It helped for me to trade a kind of beat up 160s for a newer max wt. It added a predictability I wasn't getting with the other one. That first one was in that zone that totally vicitmized my minor inconsistencies with hit timing, where I'd get a cut roller one throw and less than full hyzer flip the next. Right in that little area.

I'll second that. I ordered mine on day 1 and was loving it from the first day. I kept reading all the comments about "too understable" or "flippy" and thought to myself "maybe this one is just good for the small arm crowd". Glad to see one of my favorites discs getting a little more love:)

I'll third that then :)

I accidentally left mine behind the second round I used it and didn't realize it until 2 days later. Immediately ordered another at same weight and color.

parting lines on the protons match exactly to the neutrons-- no difference in dome and the proton plastic feels great!

time to go throw them now'