• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Beaver State Fling presented by KEEN 07-Jun to 09-Jun-2019

Do any locals know if the course is typically open for play the Monday after the BSF? If so, would it still be in that configuration?

It's open for play, but the tourney layout is not there. They pull baskets Sunday.

I'm flying in on Wednesday night for the tourney, do you know if the course will be open on Thursday and Friday?

I'm flying in on Wednesday night for the tourney, do you know if the course will be open on Thursday and Friday?

National Tour requirements include that the tournament course has to be set up in its "first round configuration" at least three days in advance of that first round. So considering the tournament begins on Friday, they are required to have the course set up by this morning at the latest.

My guess the course is open for practice on Thursday but not on Friday as the tournament will have begun.

Thursday yes, Friday you can play, but you'll have to wait until the Pros are done. Usually around 6pm.

Coverage update! I'm bringing ALL THE DUDES so we can get out same/next day vids of all 4 rounds for you guys. Planning on Friday night release of round 1, Saturday AM for round 2. Hopefully round 3 Saturday night, but it might slip to Sunday, and hopefully round 4 Sunday night, but it might slip to Monday.

We'll have 5 camera coverage. Throw, catch, react cam, slow mo cam, and we'll be adding a Fairway/2nd reaction cam depending on the hole. Excited to see how that turns out.

We'll also have speed gun, and range finder out there.

Kevin Jones and Seppo will be joining me for commentary (not at the same time).

Round 1 Feature card is:

Eagle
KJUSA
Scot Withers
Kyle Crabtree

Can't wait!

The BSF layout goes in Sunday night prior. It is in now.

I'm heading there in a couple hours. Thursday will be slow -- last practice day is slow every year.

I will be playing the BSF again this year in the MA50 division after a few years' hiatus. I don't know how competitive my play will be but I know I'll have a great time!

After play wraps up on Sunday I'll be hopping into the Prius with my son to have a little Tour de Rizbee 2019 Flashback Tour! We'll be at the Kansas City Wide Open the next weekend, then I fly back home to San Diego. I'll be flying out to meet AJ for a similar travel week in late July (River City Open/Idlewild) and then I'll meet up with him for USDGC week.

This is a big deal for me - we haven't traveled together for more than a weekend since our 3-week, 100 course, 11 state Tour de Rizbee 2007. I think that trip really locked in his love for disc golf touring and helped create the Pro player he is today. It was also his first taste of Waffle House! As part of the Kansas City stop we'll be returning to the WH where he lost his waffle virginity - feel free to join us!

Just as we did in 2007 we have had some fundraiser discs stamped to commemorate the trip. Proceeds will be split between EDGE and AJ's touring fund. We have Innova putters right now, there may be some DD-stamped discs in the works. You can follow our antics on Instagram (@rizbee1752 or @rizbeejr) or find us on Facebook. I think we'll be on the PDGA Radio podcast too.

If you have suggestions on places for us to stop between Portland and KC, whether disc golf courses, great food, points of interest, giant muffler men - let us know!
61980997_10216644144553312_8103557866742349824_n.jpg

It´s going to be harder than usual to keep track on Udisc when everyone starting at the same time but on different holes. . and even FPO and MPO at the same time

No live? Just making sure...

No live. At most, maybe PDGA goes live on Facebook or Instagram for a little bit, but that's never planned.

Today is one of those days where I don't mind that it isn't live. Two rounds, all shotgun start, probably better off just looking at the scores at the end of the day since it's a lot tougher to get a sense of who's leading/doing well mid-round.

i think the cell signal there is not great, so live would be choppy/unwatchable

Hmm what order are FPO playing?. .Paige P first played hole 6..now hole 2 and 3?!?

Tell me how does Devan Owens get an albatross on hole 6, 259 meters and by putting from circle 1? He throws 250m now?

I know scoring errors happen but usually they are picked out fairly soon.

Latest posts