• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinion: Am I a bad person?

Am I a bad person?

• Yes

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • Gary Busey

Votes: 88 45.1%

• Total voters
Everytime you have to ask others if you have been bad, you probably have been. :)

Seriously, we all have crooked thoughts that we would like to not show others. don't beat yourself up about it. You can either help them by teaching them or learn to stifle the mean side of the humor.

I like the whole "talking to myself out loud about what disc I am going to use and why" approach. This gives them a way of learning why I choose certain shots without me telling them anything directly. I notice that it does help some people I play with as you will see them trying something different after a while.

haha.

I think this thread is funny. I've been reading so much about throwing slower drivers (wimpy arm here). I picked up a Wizard and played in a tournament last sunday. I drove with my wizard on anything that was less than 250 ft unless I had to anny then I threw my mako. I was putting my putter right up there with their drivers and mids. One of my friends said "Billy's going Gansta driving a putter". Made me feel good that I was doing just as good with my putter than they were with their bigger discs.

I say don't laugh at them but try to show them the light :). Now if you explain why you're throwing your putter and they laugh at you and grab a driver then I'd laugh at them when you're not having to dig your self out of the woods. :thmbup:

sometimes i will have this thought, only to result with me missing my line with a leopard as they skip a high speed driver near the basket. disc golf is a funny thing like that sometimes

I voted 'yes'. It's not everyday you get to call someone a bad person

The older guys I play with all seem to throw drivers on pretty much every hole no matter the distance. They usually score pretty well too.

i used to pull out a driver for holes in that range but now i judge that it is a lot better throwing a putter/mid instead for many reasons.

I see no reason to feel bad about being better at disc golf than some chumps. I try not to laugh out loud though... Obviously if I'm playing with a good buddy I will laugh my ass off if they do something stupid.

I have stopped trying to inform a lot of the local players, most have been playing years. After that long of tweaking a poor form and disc selection its hard to admit they might be wrong.
The newer throwers I offer advice if they want it, but I also trade them for the bug discs and get them something a little more controllable.

Gary Busey FTW!!

Gary%2520Busey%2520-%2520The%2520Mung%2520Pie.jpg

It's usually different for me!!!!! They laugh at me whenI am throwing my putter!!!! Then when I put it out there about 300+!!! I say, "WHo's laughing now"?!?!?!?!!! Then I precede to say!! "All you need on any golf course is a putter"!!!!!

LOL @ this thread. FWIW IMO Gary Busey would laugh too.

<Quick serious moment>
Some good points from the people who took my thread a little more seriously than intended - and yes for the record I love playing with newbies and giving advice when solicited - I've been shown so much love from the disc golf community in my 2 short years being involved so far so I gotta pay it forward.

and I don't laugh at people who don't deserve it, let's put it that way ;)
</serious moment>

Now back to your regularly scheduled Gary Busey.

Busey-family.jpg

so what are we making fun of here? people not knowing what to throw on a certain hole?? i usually try to give advice, but, i guess there are those select grouping of people that cant concept the idea of what discs do despite playing for way too long. i mean laughing is mean at this point, feeling sorry is the obvious thing. i guess it depends on the person and if they deserve humiliation..

Latest posts