• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] THEORY Midrange by Axiom Discs

Anyone struggling with the theory just give it time! I am loving this disc now! I almost hated it till I forced myself to use it for all up shots one round. It's very predicable. Does not want to turn and burn. It is kicking out some beat rocs and a meteor. Home run on this disc.

Anyone struggling with the theory just give it time! I am loving this disc now! I almost hated it till I forced myself to use it for all up shots one round. It's very predicable. Does not want to turn and burn. It is kicking out some beat rocs and a meteor. Home run on this disc.

sounds familiar to some other experiences peeps have shared locally. I like this disc A LOOOOOOOT.

Last edited:
I'm warming up to this disc myself. I loved the Alias right away, but the Theory took some time to dial in and appreciate. It's been killin it now that I can trust what it does for me.

I love my Theory so much! This disc is simply unreal. Not only does it track consistently right when powered up, it can also be used for some amazingly controlled sweeping powered down hyzer shots or that perfect medium speed gentle gliding hyzer flip. It will never replace my beat in dx Roc for no turn no fade laser beams but that's ok. This disc is VERSITILE. I recently drained it from 80 feet out and 20 feet uphill on a sweeping hyzer line and its never coming out of my bag.

This has officially become my favorite disc to throw. I use it on a lot of shots that a putter would work for but the theory is just more fun. I love how it just drifts right instead of really turning over.

It will also work on hyzer lines that require a really delicate touch. I think it is even better than a putter on wooded holes where a gentle hyzer is the best line but skips and slide aways are a problem.

I haven't played Disc Golf for long but I love this disc. Most of it has already been said, this disc is phenomenal!!!

picture.php

Just picked up 2 of those from Justin at community discs. He had dirty rims listed and were stock price so figured I need some more throwers after selling all of mine originally. Had a couple left last time looked.

So I finally got chance to try out a Theory. It flies almost exactly like my favorite disc which is a well used and well worn Tangent. My tangent doesn't have any chunks missing or noticeable major damage just minor abrasions and scuffs that come with hundreds of throws. So the good news is that the Theory is a great disc and I can easily recommend it to anyone. The bad news is that I don't think it's going to make my bag because my Tangent is already covering the any shots the Theory would get. If I need anything more understable I have a fuse but it's really a different animal due to way more glide than these (can be good or bad depending on what you need for the shot). I was kinda hoping for the Theory to be as understable as the Fuse but with less glide so I could find a use for it but it just isn't. Again - great disc - just too much overlap with my beat Tangent.

I'm curious - Is anyone bagging both a Tangent and a Theory. If so, how do you use them differently? Which disc gets which type of shots? Thanks.

My experience with it is similar to yours, 46. Very close to my broken in P Tangent or this thrashed N Axis I have, less turn than the Fuse I bagged back when.

I had both in the bag for a while. My Tangent doesn't sound as beat as yours though. The biggest difference I see is with a tailwind. The Theory has more glide and really loves a tailwind. I also was using my Tangent on shots where I wanted more of an S flight, but honestly the Alias handles that shot too. If I didn't have the Alias, I might still bag the Tangent, but the three were just a bit too much overlap for my small bag.

I'm curious - Is anyone bagging both a Tangent and a Theory. If so, how do you use them differently? Which disc gets which type of shots? Thanks.

I have an electron Tangent and a Theory in my bag. The Tangent is my throw flat or slight hyzer and watch it fly dead straight with very little fade. Theory throw flat, watch it fly and slowly turn right. It has a little better glide so Hyzer flip for slightly longer straighter throws. It least with my arms they both have a spot in my bag. I love my mids and definitely use both discs. I might be able to get away with one but having both makes it easy.

My experience is the same as yours... The Theory flies just like my beat Tangent. When thrown hard, they turn over very slowly... and won't stop turning until they hit something (edit: they don't roll on me, but I wouldn't throw either mold into a headwind).

I decided to take the Tangent out of the bag because the pink rim of my Theory is a little easier to find in the woods. Secondarily, I think the Theory is a little more comfortable to grip.

Dear MVP,
Can I have a soft N theory and/or an electron theory like disc?

Sincerely,
Concerned golfer with bad grip problems......

I would like to see any Axiom discs in glow. Maybe even some glow in the core as well for differentiation. They could also add some color like DD did with the moonshine Verdict, making it that blue/green color. Either way, it needs to happen.

the bead is what sets them apart. Tangent is able to hold lines while the theory flips and glides into them. At shorter distances there isn't much that either disc cant do very well but when you start stretching them out to 275'+ there difference in the HSS is much more drastic in the two specially with fresh ones-- the tangent has a touch of LSS while the theory just glides out.